- Ascorbic acid is vitamin C, an antioxidant that’s sometimes used as a dietary supplement or to prevent and treat scurvy (a disease caused by a lack of vitamin C in the body).
- It is used by pharmaceuticals and manufacturers in the laboratory to manufacture health supplements and other foods
- Vitamin C is a vitamin found in various foods and sold as a dietary supplement.
- It is used to prevent and treat scurvy.
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient involved in the repair of tissue and the enzymatic production of certain neurotransmitters.