Sodium hypochlorite is the most commonly used endodontic irrigant because of its antimicrobial and tissue-dissolving activity.
- Used to make household bleach
- it can be used to remove mold stains, dental stains caused by fluorosis,and stains on crockery, especially those caused by the tannins in tea.
- It has also been used in laundry detergents and as a surface cleaner.
- used to disinfect wounds
- Sodium hypochlorite has deodorizing properties, which go hand in hand with its cleaning properties.
- used to treat dilute cyanide waste water, such as electroplating wastes
- Dilute bleach baths(0.005%) have been used for decades to treat moderate to severe eczema in human